CORTO TOKYO 2010 presented by CON-CAN Movie Festival
-Hybrid style short film festival
Online : October 2010
Offline : December 2010
*further schedule will be updated at our website
Deadline: August 9 (Monday), 2010
After five years of operation, CON-CAN (the smallest independent Japanese short festival) has grown little by little with the support of passionate and ambitious directors and film professionals around the globe. We see short film as cross-cultural interface and we try to spread the awareness of media literacy within our society through hybrid festival activities.
This year, with more extended international collaboration, we like to open our 2010 submission under the competition name "CORTO TOKYO 2010".
80 films will be selected to compete in the CORTO TOKYO 2010 Competition. In addition, Special Off-competition Screening Programs are also planned this year.
- Must be no more than 30 minutes in length
- There are no limitations considering the applicant’s age or qualifications
- All genres and languages are accepted
- Must have been made after January 1st, 2008
- Copyrights and any other rights of the movie to be submitted must be possessed or registered by the actual applicant
- Must have never been submitted to a previous CON-CAN Movie Festival
- Movies in a language other than English or Japanese must have either English or Japanese subtitles
ONLINE AUDIENCE AWARDS COMPETITION
80 movies selected to compete will be grouped into a total of 8 programs, where 1 film from each program with the highest rating will be awarded. They will be presented on the CON-CAN website in accordance to the screening schedule, available for viewing and rating by the global audience. Further details considering the program, as well as the schedule, will be announced after the completion of the initial selection process.
CORTO TOKYO 2010 COMPETITION
The Preliminary Jury will nominate 24 movies (6 movies for each category) during the secondary selection process, which will participate in the final competition where the International Jury will choose 1 Grand Prix Award and 1 Special Jury Award. Furthermore, 4 Best Picture Awards for each category (Fiction/Documentary/Animation/Experimental) will be chosen as well.
Grand Prix (for 1 film) :
- Trophy with Monetary Prize (US$3,000)
- Invitation to Tokyo screening and ceremony, (Include Round Trip Airfare to Tokyo and accommodation)
Jury Award (for 1 film) :
- Trophy & Invitation to Tokyo screening and ceremony, (Include Round Trip Airfare to Tokyo and accommodation)
Best Picture Award for each category :
- Trophy & Invitation to Tokyo screening and ceremony, (Include 2 nights accommodation)
Audience Awards :
- A commemorative gift will be awarded to the online voting winner from each program.
CON-CAN Movie Festival Administration Office
Kindly refer to the following URL for further information considering submissions to CORTO TOKYO 2010: http://en.con-can.com/submissions/guidelines.php
If you have problems uploading your film file, you can send reelport the film file and our support team will upload it for you. Please contact reelport at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
50 672 Cologne
ENTERING A FILM IN THIS FESTIVAL IMPLIES THE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS!