30TH ODENSE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2015
Festival Date: August 24th – 30th , 2015
Deadline: April 1st, 2015
ODENSE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
1. The 30th edition of OFF will take place August 24th – 30th 2015 in Odense, Denmark.
2. Odense International Film Festival is dedicated to celebrating short films of all genres from across the globe. We commemorate short films in all their glory every year with screenings, events and debates.
1. Submission deadline is April 1st 2015
2. Running time may not exceed 30 minutes.
3. Films must have been completed on or after April 1st 2014.
4. In 2015 OFF will only accept online digital submissions and films for pre-screening must be uploaded.
5. ALL films with dialogue must have English subtitles (this requirement applies to films with English dialogue as well). Separate subtitles will not be accepted.
6. Films shown or awarded at other international film festivals can also enter.
7. Promotional films will not be accepted (e.g. educational, industrial, advertising, tourist films etc.)
8. The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in OFF concerning third parties connected with the production of the participating film.
Odense International Film Festival has entered into a partnership with Reelport, an online submission platform. Please follow the guidelines on our homepage.
After you have completed your online submission and successfully uploaded your film, you will receive a submission receipt. If you have not received a receipt, please contact the festival office to ensure that the submission was entered successfully. You can choose to upload a low quality screening copy of your film but a high quality version will be required for cinema screening if your film is selected for the festival. Preferably HD 720p or above.
The organizers will appoint a selection committee that will be in charge of the final selection for the competition. The organizers may also authorize persons whom they consider competent to pre-select films for the selection committee or directly to the competition.
The final selection screenings will take place in April 2015. Entrants will be notified of the selection results no later than May 15th 2015.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
If your film is selected a final version of your film must be uploaded no later than July 15th 2015. You will receive a document specifying the technical requirements for cinema screening. Furthermore, you will be asked to send 3 DVDs with the final version of your film to the festival office for our archive as well as for private press screenings. Kindly send the DVDs no later than August 1st 2015.
Send the DVDs to:
Odense International Film Festival
Farvergården 7, 1. sal
5000 Odense C
1. As part of OFF’s collaboration with Reelport, all screenings at OFF will be distributed directly from a central secure server to the various cinema platforms – basically creating a closed circuit from you to the cinema screen.
2. The Festival reserves the right to refuse or cancel screening of any film if advised by authorized technicians that the film be not of sufficient quality to ensure satisfactory public screening.
I agree to a short excerpt (max. 3 minutes) of my film being included in a radio, TV or video programme presenting Odense International Film Festival. I consent to the submission of my film for consideration of any awards that may be made in the context of OFF. I certify that all film and music rights and clearances have been obtained (in accordance with copyright laws). I certify that I will not withdraw my film from OFF after selection by the OFF selection committee.
I give OFF permission to screen my film as part of a Best of OFF15-tour that will take place after the festival and will showcase the winning films from OFF15.
JURIES AND PRIZES
The organizers will nominate an international jury, a national jury and an animation jury, all consisting of three members, as well as a youth jury.
The juries will award the following prizes to films in the festival’s four competition programmes:
Grand Prix - HCA Award 13000 Euros
The Storyteller Award 2000 Euros
The Artist Award 2000 Euros
Best Danish short film Award 3500 Euros
Talent Award 2000 Euros
Børge Ring Award (Animation) 2000 Euros
Talent Award (Animation) 1350 Euros
International Children and youth award 1350 Euros
National Children and youth award 1350 Euros
Explanation regarding the 3 questions below the regulations:
Is your film premiering at Odense International Film Festival – OFF15?
• Yes (check this box if your film has not been shown at any other festival(s) before OFF15)
• No (check this box if your film has been or will be shown at other festival(s) before OFF15)
Will you grant permission for online screenings of your film?
• Yes (check this box if you allow online usage of your whole film)
• Partly (check this box if you allow online usage of up to 50 % of your film)
• No (check this box if you do not want any other screenings of your film than at the festival)
Will you allow television companies to contact you regarding television screenings?
• Yes (check this box if you would like to be contacted with regards to having your film screened on Danish television)
• No (check this box if you do not want to be contacted with regards to having your film screened on Danish television)
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Odense International Film Festival: email@example.com
Please do NOT send a DVD directly to the festival. Either upload your film directly on reelport or send us a DVD (upload charge 5 reels(5 EUR)).
50 670 Cologne
ENTERING A FILM IN THIS FESTIVAL IMPLIES THE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS!