29TH ODENSE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2014
Festival Date: August 25th – 31st , 2014
Deadline: April 1st, 2014
ODENSE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
1. The 29th version of OFF will take place from 25. – 31. August 2014 in Odense, Denmark.
2. Odense International Film Festival is dedicated to celebrating short films from across the globe and of all genres. We commemorate short films in all their glory every year with screenings, events and debates.
1. The submission deadline is April 1st 2014
2. The running time may not exceed 30 minutes (24 frames per second) INCLUDING credits.
3. Films must have been completed on or after April 1st 2013.
4. OFF14 will in 2014 only accept online digital submissions and films for pre-screening must be uploaded.
5. ALL films with dialogue must have English subtitles. Separate subtitles will not be accepted. If the language/dialogue of the film is Danish or English we do accept a pre screening version of the film without subtitles. However if the film is selected for competition we do require english subtitles.
6. Films which have been shown or awarded at any other international film festival can also compete.
7. Promotional films will not be accepted (eg. educational, industrial, advertising, tourist films etc.)
8. The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in OFF with regard to third persons connected with the production of the participating film.
Odense International Film Festival has entered into a partnership with Reelport, an online submission platform. Please follow the guidelines on our homepage.
After you have completed your online submission and successfully uploaded your film, you will receive a submission receipt. If you have not received your receipt please contact the festival office to ensure that the submission has been successful. You can choose to upload a low quality screening copy of your film but a high quality version will be required for cinema-screening if your film is selected for the festival. Preferably HD 720p or above.
The organizers will appoint a selection committee that will be in charge of the final selection for the competition. The organizers may also authorize persons whom they consider competent to pre-select films for the selection committee or directly to the competition on different occasions.
The final selection screenings will take place in May 2014. Entrants will be notified of the selection results LATEST June 15th 2014.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
If your film is selected a final version of your film must be uploaded no later than July 15th 2014. Please see the form OFF14 Approved Formats for further information on what is needed for cinema-screening.
Furthermore, you will be asked to send 3 DVDs with the final version of your film to the festival office for our archive as well as for private press screenings. Kindly send the DVDs no later than August 1st 2014.
Send the DVDs to:
Odense International Film Festival
5100 Odense C
1. As part of OFF’s collaboration with Reelport, all screenings at OFF will be distributed directly from a central secure server to the various cinema platforms – Basically creating a closed circuit from you to the cinema screen.
2. The Festival reserves the right to refuse or cancel screening of any film if advised by responsible technicians that the film is not of sufficient quality to ensure satisfactory public screening.
I agree to a short excerpt (max. 3 minutes) of my film being included in a radio, TV or video programme presenting Odense International Film Festival. I consent to the submission of my film for consideration of any awards that may be made in the context of the OFF. I certify that all film and music rights and clearances have been obtained (in accordance with copyright laws). I certify that I will not withdraw my film from OFF after selection by the OFF selection committee.
As part of a short OFF-tour immediately after the festival, I give OFF permission to screen my film as part of a Best of OFF14-tour that will take place after the festival and will showcase the winning films from OFF14, presented by the Head of Programme.
JURIES AND PRIZES
The organizers will nominate an international jury, a national jury and an animation jury, all consisting of three members, as well as a youth jury.
The juries will award the following prizes to films in the festival’s four competition programmes:
Grand Prix - HCA Award 13000 Euros
The Storyteller Award 2000 Euros
The Artist Award 2000 Euros
Best Danish short film 3500 Euros
Talent Award 2000 Euros
Børge Ring (Animation) 2000 Euros
Talent Award (Animation) 1350 Euros
International Children and youth award 1350 Euros
National Children and youth award 1350 Euros
Explanation regarding the 3 questions below the regulations:
Is your film premiering at Odense International Film Festival – OFF14?
Yes (Enter Yes if your film has not been shown at any other festival(s) before OFF14)
No (Enter No if your film has been or will be shown at other festival(s) before OFF14)
Will you grant permission for online screenings of your film?
Yes (Enter Yes if you will allow online usage of your whole film)
Partly (Enter Partly if you will allow online usage of up to 50 % of your film)
No (Enter No if you do not want any other screenings of your film than at the festival)
Will you allow for DR (Danish Broadcasting Corporation) to contact you regarding television broadcast of your film?
Saying 'yes' is not binding, but if you are interested and your film I chosen for television broadcasting, you will receive a legally binding contract in which you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Licensee Fee: EUR 500
Licensed Territory/Channels: Denmark / DR K
Number of Runs: 8 (eight) for DR K
Licensed Rights: Free TV broadcast rights and geo blocked internet catch-up rights for 8 days (from each run)
License Period: 01.08.2014- 31.07.2015 (1 years)
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Odense International Film Festival: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT send a DVD directly to the festival. Either upload your film directly on reelport or send us a DVD (upload charge 5 reels(5 EUR)).
50 670 Cologne
ENTERING A FILM IN THIS FESTIVAL IMPLIES THE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS!