ODENSE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Festival Date: 26th – 31st August, 2013
Extended deadline: April 3rd, 2013
1. 28th version of OFF will take place from 26. – 31. August 2013 in Odense, Denmark.
2. Odense IThenternational Film Festival is dedicated to celebrating short films from across the globe and of all genres. We commemorate short films in all their glory every year with screenings, events and debates.
1. The submission deadline is April 1st 2013
2. The running time may not exceed 30 minutes (24 frames per second).
3. Films must have been completed on or after March 1st 2012.
4. OFF13 will in 2013 only accept online digital submissions and films for pre-screening must be uploaded.
5. ALL films with dialogue must have English subtitles. Separate subtitles will not be accepted.
6. Films which have been shown or awarded at any other international film festival can also compete.
7. Promotional films will not be accepted (eg. educational, industrial, advertising, tourist films etc.)
8. The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in OFF with regard to third persons connected with the production of the participating film.
Odense International Film Festival has entered into a partnership with Reelport, an online submission platform. Please follow the guidelines on our homepage.
After you have completed your online submission and successfully uploaded your film, you will receive a submission receipt. If you have not received your receipt please contact the festival office to ensure that the submission has been successful. You can choose to upload a low quality screening copy of your film but a high quality version will be required for cinema-screening if your film is selected for the festival. Preferably HD 720p or above.
The organizers will appoint a selection committee that will be in charge of the final selection for the competition. The organizers may also authorize persons whom they consider competent to pre-select films for the selection committee or directly to the competition on different occasions.
The final selection screenings will take place in May 2013. Entrants will be notified of the selection results LATEST June 15th 2013.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
If your film is selected a final version of your film must be uploaded no later than July 15th 2013. Please see the form OFF13 Approved Formats for further information on what is needed for cinema-screening.
Furthermore, you will be asked to send 3 DVDs with the final version of your film to the festival office for our archive as well as for private press screenings. Kindly send the DVDs no later than August 1st 2013.
Send the DVDs to:
Odense International Film Festival
5100 Odense C
1. As part of OFF’s collaboration with Reelport, all screenings at OFF will be distributed directly from a central secure server to the various cinema platforms – Basically creating a closed circuit from you to the cinema screen.
2. The Festival reserves the right to refuse or cancel screening of any film if advised by responsible technicians that the film is not of sufficient quality to ensure satisfactory public screening.
I agree to a short excerpt (max. 3 minutes) of my film being included in a radio, TV or video programme presenting Odense International Film Festival. I consent to the submission of my film for consideration of any awards that may be made in the context of the OFF. I certify that all film and music rights and clearances have been obtained (in accordance with copyright laws). I certify that I will not withdraw my film from OFF after selection by the OFF selection committee.
As part of a short OFF-tour immediately after the festival, I give OFF permission to screen my film as part of a Best of OFF13-tour that will take place after the festival and will showcase the winning films from OFF12, presented by the Head of Programme.
JURIES AND PRIZES
The organizers will nominate an international jury, a national jury and an animation jury, all consisting of three members, as well as a youth jury.
The juries will award the following prizes to films in the festival’s four competition programmes:
Grand Prix - HCA Award - 13333 Euros
The Storyteller Award - 2000 Euros
The Artist Award - 2000 Euros
Best Danish short film - 3500 Euros
Fairytale Award - 2000 Euros
The Børge Ring Award - 2000 Euros
Talent Award - 2000 Euros
International Children and youth award - 1350 Euros
National Children and youth award - 1350 Euros
Please do NOT send a DVD directly to the festival. Either upload your film directly on reelport or send us a DVD (upload charge 5 reels(5 EUR)).
50 670 Cologne
ENTERING A FILM IN THIS FESTIVAL IMPLIES THE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS!