From Oct. 17, 2018 until Oct. 21, 2018
General rules European Competition
- Only films with a max. length of 60 minutes are eligible
- At least 1 European production country must be attached to the project
- We accept releases from after January 1st 2017, or later.
- One member of the film crew is experted to attend the festival.
- By handing in a fim, the filmmaker accepts that no fees will be paid for screening at the festivals, neither after the festival on occasion of dokumentART programm presentations.
- By handing in a film to the festival, the filmmakers accepts that the film might be seletected for competition as well as the Eastern Block Program
General Rules Eastern Block (out of competition)
-All film lengths are eligible
-Films from OR about countries/a country in Central or Eastern Europe, incl. the CIS states.
Innovative film makers from all over Europe meet up in Neubrandenburg every year. The films tackle under an bigger scope the topic "future" and deal with changing realities. They test and transcend the boundaries of their genre in exciting frontier region between tradition and avant-garde.
We especially welcome entries from young filmmakers who have not yet etablished themselves. Films and videos should have a mp4 or AVI be no more than sixty minutes in length and should have been completed after 1st of January 2017. The film has to be subtitled in English. We accept all formats. Preference will be given to films which have not previously been shown elsewhere. although we will accept those which have.
Every year a different European film school will introduce itself as part of the festival's international programme. As well as our European programme, dokumenART also offers a special forum for Eastern European films. The aim of this forum is to promote encounters between youn filmmakers from Eatsern and Western Europe within the newly expanded Europe. Our international programme is further supplemented by Specials, Retrospectives and regional features.
This Festival was founded in 1991
The 27th dokumentART – European Film Festival for Documentaries will take place from October 17 to 21 in Neubrandenburg, Germany. The festival showcases European films between traditional and experimental formats.
Core part of the festival is the European competition, were films with a maximum length of 60 min compete for various awards. Other festival sections include the „Eastern Bloc“ and the presentation of a European Film School. Other sections allow our audience to discover the region and its culture.