From April 19, 2018 until April 21, 2018
TRANSILVANIA SHORTS is an international network of distribution, exhibition and promotion of short films. Every short film selected in the TRANSILVANIA SHORTS (International Short Film Festival) will be promoted in the seasonally events, developed in great locations from Transilvania, such as Targu Mures, Sibiu, Brasov.
The general objective of TRANSILVANIA SHORTS is to reward films and audiovisual productions by promoting them in Transilvania.
Parallel with the Festival, additional events like conferences about film industry, symposiums, exhibitions, thematic parties, workshops or talent camps will take place.
All kinds of short films are accepted. Here are some examples: Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Advertising, Animation, Art-house, Black Comedy, Children/Family, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Experimental, Fantasy, Historical, Melodrama, Crime & Gangster, Biopics, Film-Noir, Road Films, Super-Heroes,Super-Natural,Mockumentary, Independent, Music Video, Musical, Reality, Religious, Romance, Science Fiction, Silent, Sport, Student, Thriller/Suspanse, TV,and more
Narrative Film, Animation, Documentary, Experimental, Student, MiniShort (one minute or less), Music video, Commercial video, Trailer/Teaser, Stop motion, Human rights, Mobile Phone Film, Webisode and more.
– All genre films will be accepted
– The film production can be from any year
– All films must be under 30 minutes
– Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
– Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category or different categories
– We’ll not screen your work online
– Only online submission will be accepted through REELPORT.
– All submissions are final. No refunds are provided
– After a film has been selected and the filmmaker is notified, the film will be listed on the festival web site under official selections.
Each participant is responsible for the content of his/her work and for any possible copyright problems. The participant owns all rights concerning the usage of his/her work according to the regulations. The Festival Committee has no responsibility to third parties. The Festival Committee has the right to reject films, if the content or technical quality does not correspond to the Festival conditions.
The official language of the Festival is English.
The sender of the submitted film or screenplay is responsible for all copyrights. He is legally authorized to enter his film or screenplay in the festival and, if selected for the festival, authorized to give screening permission.
The applicant has secured all necessary rights for both picture and sound, and the exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights, including but not limited to music, images, and content.
If selected for the festival the applicant acknowledges and agrees that an exhibition quality digital screening file must be made available for screening by the Date of Event.
The film or screenplay, including all copyrights, remains the property of the author.
The films will be handled with the outmost care. However, the festival management will assume no liability for damages or loss.
If screenings or information are inaccurate or flawed, the organizer is only liable in case of gross negligence.
The applicant has to read and accept the regulations and guidelines for participation.
The candidates must respect the following rules:
– Each entry will be accompanied by non-refundable fees. No Checks are accepted to pay submission fees, only online payment through Festival Platforms.
– Entrance fee is non-refundable. Entries will not be processed without entry fee payment
– The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
– The Festival reserves the right to shut the festival at any time without any notification
– Any Film, selected or not selected, will be a decision of selection panel which is final and accepted by all.
– The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all.
– By Submitting the film, you agree to our GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN TRANSILVANIA SHORTS and that you have read our Rules and Regulations
GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN TRANSILVANIA SHORTS
I have read and accept the Rule’s and regulations of TRANSILVANIA SHORTS. I authorize TRANSILVANIA SHORTS to screen my film at the ceremony each season to compete for the award of the best film in each category: Short Narrative Film, Animation, Documentary, Experimental, Student, MiniShort (under one minute), Music video, Commercial video, Trailer/Teaser, Stop motion, Human rights, Kids Shorts, Mobile Phone Film, Webisode. I certify that I hold necessary rights for the presentation of this film in TRANSILVANIA SHORTS and that all rights and permissions have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. By accepting these conditions, I transfer to TRANSILVANIA SHORTS the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the various social networks and on the website of the festival, and for other non-commercial purposes related to the promotion of the festival. I hereby agree to indemnify TRANSILVANIA SHORTS, in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred.
This Festival was founded in 2015
SHORTS in TRANSILVANIA
We know how hard it may be, for filmmakers, to produce and distribute their works, especially if those are short films and independent productions. TRANSILVANIA SHORTS [International Short Film Festival] is the useful tool for every filmmaker, in order to further showcase their films, and get their deserved public feedback and recognition. The films selected in the festival competition are further on promoted, screened at the festival, and evaluated by a team of experts in the industry. Transilvania Shorts supports filmmakers in gaining the recognition of the public passionate about cinema, and that of mass-media, and, also, in being rewarded for their work.
Come celebrate and share your passion for cinema! Held in both beautiful and medieval cities, Sibiu and Târgu Mureș, Transilvania Shorts brings short films, from all over the world, to beautiful Transilvania. In the future, the festival will be extended, in order to be present in all major cities of Transilvania. This year’s Festival Program will showcase a wide variety of international short films, in the categories of: Animation, Commercial Video, Documentary, Experimental, Fashion, Mini-Short, Mobile Phone, Music Video, Narrative, Student, Trailer.