From Nov. 1, 2018 until Nov. 4, 2018
- Any national or foreign filmmaker who wishes to do so may participate.
- The theme of the films is completely free and can be of any genre.
- Films will be presented in original language. Short films not spoken in Portuguese should have subtitles or transcription of dialogues in Portuguese, English or Spanish.
- Types of movies:
• - Short films: less than 35 minutes
• - Feature films: more than 36 minutes
• -Web series: less than 15 minutes per chapter
• -Music video: less than 15 minutes
-The film will be presented in digital format.
-The organization will be in charge of selecting among the enrolled the films that will participate in the competition. All films must make the registration through the platforms of authorized festivals or directly to the account of the festival.
-Jury and Prizes: The jury will be composed of 3 professionals from the national and national cinematographic mediums and will award the prizes, in addition to the honorable mentions they deem appropriate.
Best Narrative Short film
Best Documentary Short Film
Best Experimental Short Film
Best Animation Short Film
Best LGBT Short Film
Best Horror Short Film
Best Narrative Feature film
Best Documentary Feature film
Best LGBT Feature Film
Best Horror Feature film
Best Web Series
Best Music Video
Best Fiction Short film, Best Documentary Short Film, Best Experimental Short Film, Best Animation Short Film, Best LGBT Short Film, Best Horror Short Film, Best Fiction Feature film, Best Documentary Feature film, Best LGBT Feature Film, Best Horror Feature film, Best Web Series, Best Music Video
- The prizes of each category will be announced in the media of the festival including social networks and web page.
- The producers and directors of the films that have been selected and awarded, undertake to mention this in all publicity and press material, respecting the exact wording of the jury's decision and using the Festival's official laurel.
- The inscription of a film means the acceptance of the present regulation.
July Deadline: before July 28
August Deadline: before August 26
September Deadline: before September 28
October Deadline: before October 20
Early bird: before July 28
-Feature film: € 14
- Short Film: € 11
-Web series: € 11
-Music video: € 11
Standard: before August 26
- Feature film: € 15
- Short Film: € 12
-Web series: € 12
-Music video: € 12
Late: before September 28
- Feature film: € 16
- Short Film: € 13
-Web series: € 13
-Music video: € 13
Extended: before October 20
- Feature film: € 18
- Short Film: € 15
-Web series: € 15
-Music video: € 15
-Notification: The official selection of the festival will be held on October 25; Will be informed by email to the selected, as well as the general public through the social networks and the festival web.
- The participants in this show accept each and every one of the points that form the basis of this edition of the festival.
This Festival was founded in 2015
The BAHIA INDEPENDENT CINEMA FESTIVAL is a four days experience where the streets and theaters of the city of Salvador de Bahia, Brazil become platforms dedicated to celebrate, encourage and reward the cinematographic art. In this week of celebration, everyone can attend for free the screenings of short films, feature films, music videos and web series around the world.
The invitation is for the coming November to the most populated city of the northeast of the Amazonian giant, Brazil; Where nationals and tourists will approach the seventh art.