From Nov. 15, 2018 until Nov. 18, 2018
1. All submitted films will be checked for certain criteria (for appropriate content, maximum duration, etc.) and will accordingly be approved or rejected.
2. An independent selection committee is appointed by the festival to view all submissions for programming consideration. Pre-selected films will be announced latest at the beginning of October 2018 by email or via our website www.greenmotions-filmfestival.de. Please provide an email address, and ensure that the domain greenmotions-filmfestival.de is permitted to email to you.
3. From the pre-selected short films, a jury of experts will select the best short film. The pre-selected and winning short films will be screened at the festival. A selection of short films will also be shown at a pre-event in schools.
4. From the pre-selected long feature movies, another jury of experts will select the best long feature movie.
5. The winners of the short and long feature movie competitions will be announced at the award ceremony during the festival.
6. Long feature movies will also be nominated for an audience award. The winner of the audience award will be announced at the end of the festival.
7. Long feature movies under the theme “Millennials in Motion” will be considered separately and the best film will be selected by the assigned team members.
PRIZES & AWARDS:
Prizes are amounting up to 3500€. The exact amount depends on the fundraising done throughout the year. Juries of experts will select the best short and long feature movies. The festival may consider to create categories of the short film submissions. The categories may be awarded differently. The prize of the audience choice will be given only to long feature movies.
VISITING THE FESTIVAL:
The directors of all films are invited to be guests of the festival. The festival would like to arrange for as many filmmakers of the 2018 selection as possible to visit the festival. Regrettably, no matter how much we would like to cover transport costs, the festival is restricted by budget constraints.
The festival therefore may give a partial payment of the transport costs (up to 100 € per film) to the filmmakers. If you need support, please get in touch with the festival through firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the director or producer of the film cannot attend the Festival, the invitation may be forwarded to another member of the film crew.
We try to organize local private accommodation for festival visitors. More information about guest services will be provided personally to successful applicants.
• The sender of the submitted film is responsible for all copyrights.
• The applicant is legally authorised to enter his/her film in the festival and, if selected for the festival, authorised to give screening permission.
• The applicant has secured all necessary rights for both picture and sound, and exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights, including but not limited to music, images, and content.
• She or he warrants the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead. She or he fully indemnifies Greenmotions Film Festival against any claim made for such violations of law.
• The applicant agrees to hold the Greenmotions Film Festival harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgements and liabilities.
• The film, including all copyrights, remains the property of the author. Greenmotions Film Festival has the right to use submitted material for non-commercial use (publicity,promotion and graphics). If footage from the submitted film is used in festival promotion, Greenmotions Film Festival will limit this usage to not more than one minute.
• The festival reserves the right to change the prize money depending on the budget.
• The applicant has to read and accept the regulations and guidelines for participation.
• Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the submission being disqualified.
• In the event of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the terms and conditions, the interpretation of the festival will take precedence.
• These regulations are subject to change. Participants will be informed by email.
• This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Baden-Württemberg, Germany, applicable to agreements made wholly to be performed therein
This Festival was founded in 2014
We are a film festival aiming at inspiring and encouraging people to take active participation in the transition towards a world where people and nature are in harmony. To show that it is possible, we are screening solution-oriented, constructive and positive films related to sustainability and environment from all around the world.
Along with the inspiring feature and short movies under the general theme sustainability and environment, this year we have a special prize for “Millenials in motion”. We want to show our audiences how the youth thinks about the changing climate and its consequences, what are the inspiring and creative solutions they take towards and beyond sustainability.
Selected inspiring documentaries/feature movies (20-120 minutes) and the movies under the special edition “Millenials in Motion” will be shown at the festival along with the best short films (up to 20 minutes) at our international short film competition. Furthermore, bicycle cinema will be organized in schools where the students will provide power to run the projector for the films by paddling their bikes.
Ziel des Greenmotions Filmfestivals ist es unsere Zuschauer*innen zu inspirieren und zu ermutigen einen aktiven Beitrag, für eine Welt in Einklang von Mensch und Natur, zu leisten.
Um zu zeigen, was alles möglich ist, präsentieren wir lösungsorientierte, konstruktive und positive Filme, mit Bezug zu Nachhaltigkeit und Umwelt rund um den Globus.
Neben den inspirierenden Spiel- & Kurzfilmen, über Nachhaltigkeit und Umwelt, haben wir dieses Jahr einen Sonderpreis zum Thema “Millenials in Motion”.
Wir wollen unserem Publikum sowohl zeigen, wie die heutige Jugend über den Klimawandel und dessen Konsequenzen denkt, als auch deren kreative Lösungen rund um Nachhaltigkeit aufzeigen.
Ausgewählte Dokumentationen und Spielfilme (20-120 Minuten), sowie die Filme in der Kategorie “Millenials in Motion” werden neben den besten Kurzfilmen (bis zu 20 Minuten) auf unserem Festival Wochenende vorgeführt. Außerdem veranstalten wir wieder unser beliebtes Fahrradkino in Freiburger Schulen, bei denen die Schülerinnen und Schüler den Strom für den Projektor mit Hilfe von Fahrrädern selbst produzieren.