From May 27, 2019 until June 2, 2019
1. Videomakers may choose to participate in the Festival by loading their short film on https://www.reelport.com and filling the entry form on the selected platform. Entry form available also on www.sorsicorti.it. Videomakers will also have to load the following accompanying material, whose publication is authorized and free, both for the catalogue and for promotional purposes:
a) english subtitles in .srt format (mandatory); italian subtitles in .srt format (if available)
b) No. 2 high-resolution images (300 dpi, size of the base at least 20 cm = 7,8 inch; format .jpg or .tif), to be chosen from one frame, one scene photos or poster
c) A close-up photos of the director (300 dpi, size of the base at least 12 cm = 4,7 inch; format .jpg or .tif)
2. The deadline for entries is 21.12.2018. Failure to provide any of the above materials implies the exclusion from the Festival;
3. Entry to the Festival has a cost of € 10, payable directly on the loading platform. The entry fees will not be returned.
4. The Festival is divided in the following sections:
- Short films - Fiction: short films on any subject in the category Fiction (maximum 20 minutes), made after 01.01.2015;
- Short films - Documentary: short films on any subject in the category Documentary (maximum 30 minutes), made after 01.01.2015;
- Short films - Animation: short films on any subject in the category Animation (maximum 20 minutes), made after 01.01.2015;
- Short films - Video Art: short films on any subject in the category Video Art (maximum 20 minutes), made after 01.01.2015;
- Web series: works made for web, by loading episode 1 or pilot, made after 01/01/2015;
5. Works of any nationalities are admitted to the competition.
6. Short films that are submitted must be original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in their short film. By entering the contest, the contestant agrees that SorsiCorti Festival can not be held liable for any copyright infringements committed by him or by his short film.
7. Each author may submit one work per category.
8. The selection of the films in competition will be curated by the organizers, whose decision is final.
9. There is no reimbursement from the organizers.
10. Under EU law 2016/679 the personal data of the authors will be processed only for purposes of the organization of the festival.
11. The organizers reserve the right to suspend or modify the event if necessary.
12. A special jury will award the best short film for each category and an absolute winner. The winners will receive a prize consisting of a plate and any other prizes offered by the Jury and the Organization of the Festival. The director of the winning short film will be invited to join the jury for the next edition. The organization will cover travel and accommodations costs. For non-European destinations the organizations will contribute to the costs in an equitable way.
13. The jury reserves the right not to award prizes in the absence of significant works. The judges' decision is final.
14. Participation in the competition implies unconditional acceptance of this regulation. The Direction of SorsiCorti can take any decision on issues which are not listed above. For any case which is not listed above, the decisions taken by the organization are applied
15. For any dispute or grievance relating to the Festival worth to the incontestable opinion of the artistic director. For any dispute the designated court is the Court of Palermo, Italy.
This Festival was founded in 2005
SorsiCorti is a Short Film Festival that combines conviviality and interest in the art of the short film.
SorsiCorti was born from passion for cinema and desire to explore innovative and experimental trails of short films
Careful and accurative selection carried out by an evaluation committee made up of experts cinephiles, allows that only high quality short films access the program projection.
SorsiCorti has developed a strong collaboration with the young cultural reality of the Piccolo Teatro Patafisico in Palermo, who also became the official location of the live screenings. However, various events are realized around in town.