From Oct. 26, 2018 until Nov. 4, 2018
This marks the fifth season for our European festival . In 2018 we will be screening films in France, Germany and Poland. We accepts submission through Reelport.
Here are the rules and regulations
RULES AND TERMS PART 1
We require a blue ray for features and HD quality data file for the shorts of the project for selection - SEND PRESS PACKS, PHOTOS, TESTIMONIALS OR ANYTHING ELSE WITH YOUR SUBMISSION - DIGITALLY PLEASE. If we accept your film we will ask for the other things we need.
All features we screen will be preceded by a short film selected by us - no exceptions. We believe strongly in a short & feature program for our audience.
Films submitted to the festival will be promoted on our website, in printed materials and in our press and marketing activity. You give us the right to use the name of the film, the images submitted and any logos for the uses listed. Films selected will only be used at the Philip K. Dick Film Festival for the year submitted and not for other years or exhibitions.
Once a film is submitted and accepted to the festival you guarantee to not withdraw it from the festival under any circumstances. You also guarantee to make sure we actually receive screening materials at least one week before the festival.
Since our festival will be held in Europe, in some countries we might ask the filmmaker to provide with a subtitle track for the audiences.
RULES AND TERMS PART 2
I, the undersigned, have read and understood and each provision listed below, and I accept and agree with each of the following provisions:
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand that if accepted, the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screening and non-commercial promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes.
5. I understand that the Philip K. Dick Film Festival ("Festival") is not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival’s possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
6. Should this film win an award at the Philip K. Dick Film Festival , I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to name the individual(s) listed on the Award Designation List (to be received upon notice of selection to Festival) to receive any and all award(s). If a film is eligible for an award and no one was designated to accept the award, the award will be deemed forfeit and another award winner will be chosen.
7. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony, I understand that the director and/or producer of the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
8. If selected as a participant in the Festival, television ready media clips of the film must be provided by the date provided on notice of selection.
9. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival
10. I understand that shipping charges of the screening copy of my film to the Festival are my responsibility. We confirm we have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to present the submitted film(s) at the Philip.K. Dick International Film Festival. Furthermore, I /we have read and agree to the regulations of the Festival. In this respect the applicants will indemnify the festival organizers against any actions, claims, costs or demands from whatever source and of whatever nature regarding their film(s). Films submitted to the festival will be promoted on our website, in printed materials and in our press and marketing activity. You give us the right to use the name of the film, the images submitted and any logos for the uses listed.The films accepted will only be used specifically for the Philip K. Dick Festival for the year submitted and not for any other events or exhibitions. Once a film is submitted and accepted to the festival you guarantee to not withdraw it from the festival under any circumstances. You also guarantee to make sure we actually receive screening materials at least one week before the festival. Thank you and we look forward to seeing your film.
This Festival was founded in 2012
The festival mission is 2fold:
1. To promote visionary sci-fi, the kind you see in the works of Philip K Dick, Michel Houellebecq, Ray Bradbury,Heinlein,Ursula Le Guin, Jorge Luis Borges Sam Delany Jules Verne, Arthur C. Clarke.We are looking for dark.moody,strange, cerebral,off the beaten path sci-fi , one that provokes and engages our sense of awe and curiosity.Other themes include magical realism,cult, strange,the supernatural and the eerie.We look at films that push the cinematic form to new levels of expression.
We are also looking for good supernatural /horror stories that reflect the societies fears and paranoia. zombies,extreme cinema, fear of the flesh, disorientation.George Romero, Alexander Aja, Gaspar Noe,
Cronenberg,Alejandro Jodorowsky, H.P. Lovecraft.The theater of Fear.
In a nutshell we are looking for good sci fi and horror stories.
2. To promote the role of science in the culture through our
Science in Action documentary category.Biopics,reenactments, are all welcomed in our documentary section.Nano tech, Biotech,Singularity projects,AI all themes that restore our sense of wonder.
We look for original voices and visions in works submitted. Lastly, this is a festival by filmmakers for filmmakers
If you feel like an outsider in the world, you will fit right in in our festival
Like our page at www.Facebook.com/thephilipkdickfilmfestival