From July 9, 2018 until Oct. 15, 2018
The 24th ifva Festival
Festival Date: March 2019
Submission Deadline: 15 October 2018 (Monday), 6pm Hong Kong Time
After the registration in Reelport, please register at www.ifva-awards.com/reelport on or before deadline.
Fill in the required information and confirm submission.
Organised by Hong Kong Arts Centre, ifva (formerly the Hong Kong Independent Short Film and Video Awards) is an Incubator for Film and Visual media in Asia. With a cutting-edge vision and approach, ifva has evolved to promote different visual cultures while exploring the boundless potential of creative media. In addition to the annual awards and festival, ifva curates a host of programmes under two initiatives, “Cultivation” and “Engagement”. By connecting creative communities all over the world, ifva aims to engage everyone in the art of creation. ifva is also a core event of “Entertainment Expo Hong Kong”.
for ANIMATION Category and ASIAN NEW FORCE Category
1. Entrants have no age restriction. Entrants must be nationals / permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents; the persons hold the passport of the Asian countries and regions and have the permanent right of abode in those areas).
List of eligible Asian countries and regions:
Afghanistan; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei; Cambodia; China; China (Macau S.A.R) ; Cyprus; East Timor (Timor-Leste); Georgia; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Israel; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; North Korea; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Oman; Palestine, Pakistan; Philippines; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Sri Lanka; South Korea; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Thailand; Turkey; Turkmenistan; United Arab Emirates; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; Yemen
2. If the Entry has more than one entrant, at least half of the joint-entrants must be nationals / permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents). Individual particulars of each entrant must be submitted along with the Entry Form.
3. Entries must be produced on or after 1 October 2017. Works that have been updated after the said date are also eligible.
4. Works of 30 minutes or less are eligible (including end credits).
5. There is no restriction on the number of works that may be submitted.
6. There is no restriction on shooting format. Any type of film and animation (including fiction, documentary, experimental) can be submitted to corresponding category. Commercial film is not accepted.
7. Works that have been showcased, entered, or have won prizes in other contests may also be entered.
8. The Entry must contain English subtitles.
Please read carefully before submission:
Details & Regulations
【HOW TO ENTER】
1. Submit and upload your work via Reelport (Vimeo links is not accepted). If you are nationals or permanent residents of Asian countries and regions (excluding Hong Kong permanent residents). For Hong Kong permanent residents, please go to www.ifva.com
2. Register at the http://www.ifva-awards.com/reelport/ on or before the submission deadline (15 October 2018, 6pm Hong Kong Time). You are required to complete the registration by filling in your name, and entry work title to verify your submission. Your submission is not completed without this registration process.
3. In the event the Entry is selected for presentation in “The 24th ifva Festival”, the presentation copy should reach the ifva office in early January.
4. Entrants must submit a photocopy of valid identification documents (e.g. passport) for eligibility verification upon request. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any submitted work if the entrant fails to provide such document.
Details will be announced in August 2018 on www.ifva.com/awards
1. Winning Entries are assessed and decided by jury panel of the respective category.
2. The Organiser and Jury Panel reserve the right to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with the Rules and Regulations of this competition.
3. In the event of more than one winner sharing an award, the Organiser reserves the right to redistribute the cash prizes according to the original ratio among specific awards assigned to the category. Each award must not exceed its ceiling amount.
4. The Jury Panel reserves the right to withhold an award if they find none of the Entry merits a particular award and prize.
Finalists will be notified individually by e-mail. The list of finalists will be announced online in January 2019. The final results will be announced at the “The 24th ifva Award Presentation Ceremony” to be held during “The 24th ifva Festival” in March 2019. All finalist entrants will be invited to attend the award ceremony. The award winning list will be uploaded to our website after the award ceremony.
ifva (Incubator for Film & Visual media in Asia)
- Address: 8/F, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2824 5329
- Fax: +852 2519 2032
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.ifva.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ifvaSince1995
Please DO NOT send a DVD directly to the festival. Upload your film directly on Reelport.
ENTERING A FILM IN THIS FESTIVAL IMPLIES THE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS!
This Festival was founded in 1995
Organised by Hong Kong Arts Centre, ifva is an Incubator for Film and Visual media in Asia (formerly the Hong Kong Independent Short Film and Video Awards).
Founded in 1995, ifva serves as a platform that actively promotes and encourages creative talents in Asia, making short films, videos, animation and media art. With a cutting-edge vision and highlight independent spirit, ifva has evolved to promote different visual cultures while exploring the boundless potential of creative media. In addition to the annual competition and festival, ifva curates a host of programmes under two initiatives, “Cultivation” and “Engagement”. By connecting creative communities all over the world, ifva aims to engage everyone in the art of creation. ifva is also a core event of Entertainment Expo Hong Kong.