From Oct. 18, 2018 until Oct. 21, 2018
SciFi Film Festival (SFFF) is an annual festival held in Sydney, Australia, dedicated to putting the spotlight on science fiction, fantasy and horror genre films and their pop culture.
SciFi Film Festival celebrates and promotes fantastic genre stories, diverse perspectives and rich emotional journeys.
We are now accepting submissions from all ages around the world.
Submission can be a feature film, short film, music clip, documentary, machinima or animation (film) which embrace genres that include:
Action, Adventure, Alternative, Animation, Art, Avantgarde, Biography, Classics, Comedy, Comedy Drama, Crime, Culture, Dance, Dark Comedy, Documentary, Family, Fantastic, Fantasy, Film Noir, Flash, Health, History, Horror, Human Rights, Independent, Kids, LGBTI, Live Action, Medical, Melodrama, Mockumentary, Music Video’s, Mystery, Nature, News, Parody, Postmodern, Realism, Reality, Religion, Road Trip, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent movie, Social Issues, Spiritual, Surreal, Thriller, Transgender, Underground, Urban, War, Western… and more.
Key Dates for Submission
– Open for submissions – 13 November 2017
– Super Earlybird Deadline – 31 December 2017
– Earlybird Deadline – 28 February 2018
– Regular Deadline – 30 April 2018
– Late Deadline – 30 June 2018
– Final Deadline – 24 July 2017
Notify Producers who’s Entries have been selected for Official Selection – 1 August 2018
SciFi Film Festival – 18, 19, 20, 21 October 2018
Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers/applicants or entity submitting a film to the SciFi Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘SciFi’, ‘SFFF’, ‘Sci-Fi’, ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our”), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions
2. SciFi only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to SciFi Film Festival is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at SciFi Film Festival event, if it is selected.
4. We only accept films that have been produced during and after 2016
5. All submission fees are non refundable. Fees are:
6. How to Submit
• Complete and submit Your online submission form.
• Pay relevant Submission fee
• You will receive confirmation of Your successful registration
• Films must be submitted via an online platform.
Student and Young Filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised film school, university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees.
You must supply the following:
• Your Student ID
• Name of school, college or university
• Name of Your Course
• Lecture or teacher
• Email of lecturer or teacher
7. Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
• Production credits and contact details
• 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
• Media pack for promotional use by SFFF
• Film Poster
• A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a SciFi event(s). However, only films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a cinema venue(s). If Your entry is selected as part of the Official Selection for SciFi, You must provide Us with a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order for it to be screened. You will receive instructions on how to submit your DCP.
9. Cinema screenings are scheduled during the festival and or event at the discretion of SciFi. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, SciFi reserves the right to alter this schedule and venue at any time for any reason. SciFi does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
10. Awards may be presented during the SciFi, at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel.
11. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film at one or more SciFi Film Festival event, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote SciFi, event(s), its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
12. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of SciFi and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
14. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to SciFi and its curation and all related events.
15. You indemnify and hold harmless SciFi from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
For further information contact SciFi Film Festival: email@example.com
This Festival was founded in 2014
SciFi Film Festival is an annual event in Sydney, Australia, dedicated to celebrating and promoting fantastical science fiction, fantasy and horror genre stories with diverse perspectives and rich emotional journeys, from all around the world.
Our curated program includes, the new harvest of art house and mainstream films to themed screenings and cult classics, as well as crowd pleasing events, from forums to Q&As with filmmakers and their crew, also, we have an eclectic mix of sideshow activities that are fun, quirky and will change from time to time.
Hashtag: #scififilmfestival, #sfff