From Sept. 13, 2017 until Sept. 17, 2017
The 4th SciFi Film Festival is an annual festival held in Sydney, Australia, dedicated to exploring and celebrating science fiction and fantasy genre films and pop culture.
SciFi Film Festival is now accepting submissions from all ages around the world.
Submission can be a feature film, short film, music clip, documentary, machinima or animation (film) which embrace genres that include:
Action, Adventure, Alternative, Animation, Art, Avantgarde, Biography, Classics, Comedy, Comedy Drama, Crime, Culture, Dance, Dark Comedy, Documentary, Family, Fantastic, Fantasy, Film Noir, Flash, Health, History, Horror, Human Rights, Independent, Kids, LGBTI, Live Action, Medical, Melodrama, Mockumentary, Music Video’s, Mystery, Nature, News, Parody, Postmodern, Realism, Reality, Religion, Road Trip, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent movie, Social Issues, Spiritual, Surreal, Thriller, Transgender, Underground, Urban, War, Western… and more.
Key Dates for Submission
Open for submissions – 2 November 2016
Early Bird Deadline – 28 February 2017
Regular Deadline – 15 April 2017
Late Deadline – 31 May 2017
Final Deadline – 10 July 2017
Notify Producers whose Entries have been selected for Official Selection – 31 July 2017
SciFi Film Festival – 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 September 2017
Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers submitting a film to the SciFi Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘SciFi’, ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our”), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions
2. SciFi only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to SciFi Film Festival is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at SciFi Film Festival event, if it is selected.
4. We only accept films that have been produced during and after 2013
5. All submission fees are non refundable. Fees are:
Short Film (40 minutes or less) Submission Fees
Early Bird Deadline – 28 February 2017– 14 Euro for short films 40 minutes or less
Regular Deadline – 15 April 2017– 19 Euro for short films 40 minutes or less
Late Deadline – 31 May 2017– 24 Euro for short films 40 minutes or less
Final Deadline – 30 June 2017– 28 Euro for short films 40 minutes or less
Student Filmmaker Fee (19 years of age and above) deadline midnight 31 May 2017– 14 Euro for short films 40 minutes or less
Young Filmmaker Fees (18 years of age and under) deadline midnight 31 May 2017– 14 Euro for short films 40 minutes or less
Feature Film (over 40 minutes) Submission Fees
Early Bird Deadline 28 February 2017– 21 Euro for films over 40 minutes
Regular Deadline 15 April 2017– 26 Euro for films over 40 minutes
Late Deadline 31 May 2017– 30 Euro for films over 40 minutes
6. Student and Young Filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised film school, university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees.
You must supply the following:
- Your Student ID
- Name of school, college or university
- Name of Your Course
- Lecture or teacher
- Email of lecturer or teacher
7. How to Submit
- Complete and submit Your online submission form.
- Pay relevant Submission fee
- You will receive confirmation of Your successful registration
- Films must be submitted EITHER via online platform or into a Dropbox folder provided by SciFi.
Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
– Production credits and contact details
– 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
– Media pack for promotional use by Veterans
– Film Poster (Optional)
– A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a SciFi event. However, only films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a cinema venue. If Your entry is selected as part of the Official Selection for SciFi, You must provide Us with a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order for it to be screened. You will receive instructions on how to submit your DCP.
9. Cinema screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of SciFi. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, SciFi reserves the right to alter this schedule and venue at any time for any reason. SciFi does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
10. Awards will be presented during the SciFi, at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All awards will be listed on this website.
1. Best Feature Film
2. Best Short Film Category
– Best Australian Short Film
– Best International Short Film
3. Other Awards
– Best Animation
– Best Documentary
– Best Female Actor
– Best Male Actor
– Best Music/Sound
4. Special Awards
– Best Audience Award
– Best CGI
– Best Special Effects
11. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film at one or more SciFi Film Festival event, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote SciFi, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
12. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of SciFi and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
13. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to SciFi and its curation and all related events.
14. You indemnify and hold harmless SciFi from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
For further information contact SciFi Film Festival: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Festival was founded in 2014
SciFi Film Festival is an annual festival held in Sydney, Australia, dedicated to exploring and celebrating science fiction and fantasy genre films and filmmaking.
The festival presents an annual eclectic program showcasing new talent, established creatives and other industry professionals from around the globe that draw a diverse range of audiences.
SFFF has teamed up with Event Cinemas – All screenings, events and special guest appearances will take place at one of most iconic cinema venues in Australia. Event Cinemas, George Street is located in the centre of Sydney’s CBD, at the heart of the entertainment district.
The festival attracts iconic film professionals as judges and advisers:
· Australia’s Bruce Beresford, The Director of Breaker Morant and 5 Academy Award winner Driving Miss Daisy,
· Hollywood Producer Andrew Sugerman, 30 years as an Independent Filmmaker and Producer, accredited Academy Award Judge and
· Ken Stewart, Producer and former senior creative marketing executive at Paramount Pictures
- Hollywood Producer, Andrew Cosby, American comic book creator, film producer, screenwriter, and most notably the co-creator of the hit SyFy TV series Eureka.