From May 23, 2019 until May 26, 2019
1 - The scope of the Festival is international. Works from all over the world can be presented.
2 - Each filmmaker can present as many films as he wants, in any language, provided he is subtitled in Spanish or English.
3 - The theme is free, as long as it does not violate good customs and human dignity and respect.
4 - The call begins on Octubre 12, 2018. The deadline on May 10, 2019.
5 - Deadlines:
- Early bird: before January 15
- Normal: before February 10
- Afternoon: before March 10
- Extended one: before April 10
- Extended two: before May 10
6.-: Definition of categories: (duration includes credits)
- Cortominuto: films whose duration is less than two minutes.
- Short films: films lasting between two and 35 minutes.
- Feature films: films lasting more than 35 minutes.
- Video clips: any length
- Movie scripts
7.- Categories in competition:
- Short fiction
- Short documentary
- Short Film Animation
- Experimental Short Film
- Short terror-horror
- Feature film fiction
- Feature film documental
- Feature film animation
- Feature film experimental
- Feature film terror-horror
- Video clip
- Movie scripts
8 - Submission can be made directly on the festival website: http://ficcsur.wixsite.com/ficcsur; Or through XXXXXXXX.
9 - The registration fee is as follows:
- Early bird: before January 10: Short film and video clip: € 12; Feature film: € 14
- Normal: before February 10: Short film and video clip: € 12; Feature film: € 14
- Afternoon: before March 10: Short film and video clip: € 13; Feature film: € 15
- Extended one: before April 10: before March 10: Short film and video clip: € 14; Feature film: € 16
- Extended two: before May 16: Short film and video clip: € 15; Feature film: € 18
10 - The curatorship committee of the pre-selection of the Festival will choose up to a maximum of 10 films for each category, which will be called Official Selection, and will participate in the final competition. This selection will be communicated to the authors. Notification day: may 19, 2019
11 - The festival is live screening. The selected films will be projected according to a calendar prepared in advance, and communicated to the selected ones through the web site of the festival, as well as by the social networks.
12 - The jury will be composed of representatives of the collaborating entities and personalities of the cinematographic field, selected by the Festival Management Committee.
13 - PRIZES
- Best Cortominuto
- Best Fiction Short film
- Best documentary short film
- Best Animation Short Film
- Best experimental short film
- Best Horror Short Film
- Best fiction feature film
- Best Documentary Feature film
- Best animation feature film
- Best Experimental Feature film
- Best horror feature film
- Best Video Clip
- Best movie script
- GREAT PRIZE TO THE BEST SHORT FILM FICCSUR
- GREAT PRIZE TO THE BEST FEATURE FILM FICCSUR
14 - The Jury may award any SPECIAL JURY PRIZE in general or individual categories, not specified in the present bases.
15 - Participants fully accept the bases of this contest, as well as the resolution by the Festival Management of any problem not indicated in this document .
16 - The winners are committed to the fact that in subsequent projections mention of the award received at the Festival, as well as to place the image of the laurel of the festival in their promotional posters. To this end, they will be provided with laurel and logo of the Festival.
17 – Venue: Parque cultural de Valparaíso, Calle cárcel 471, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile. CP: 2340000
Fono: +56 32 235 9400
18 – Festival Address: Centro de Arte Casablanca Av. Argentina 864, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile.
This Festival was founded in 2017
2 ° FICCSUR, Southern Cone International Film Festival, Valparaíso, Chile.
May, 24-27, 2018.
Film festival with live screening, feature films, short films, video clips, international.
FICCSUR is an incipient film festival that takes place in one of the most beautiful cities of the South American cone, Valparaiso. We hope to have a worldwide festival of films, from all continents, from all cultures, with multiple languages, where the only common language is the film. With the support of the Illustrious Municipality of Valparaíso, we are going to hold a festival in several venues, where more than 100 films will be live screening, including feature films and short films, national and international.