From Oct. 21, 2017 until Oct. 26, 2017
Rules and Regulations 2017
68th Montecatini International Short Film Festival
Location: Montecatini Terme (Italy)
Dates: 20-26 October 2017
Art. 1 Who can participate:
• Films produced after January 1, 2016.
• Films no longer than 40 minutes.
• Works already presented in other Italian or foreign events can participate.
• All films must be subtitled in English (films in English must have the English subtitles .srt format dialogue list attached)
Art. 2 Competitive sections:
1. International Competition: addressed to filmmakers from around the world.
2. Showcase Fedic: reserved for filmmakers associated FEDIC (Italian Cineclub Federation) for at least past 2 years.
Art. 3 Genres:
Art. 4 Awards:
• International Competition:
o Best Short Fiction
o Best Short Documentary
o Best Short Animation
o Best Short Experimental
o Best Short First Film
o Best Italian Short
o Best Soundtrack
• Special Awards:
o Best Fedic Short Film
Art. 5 How to submit:
To participate at Festival it is necessary to submit a film films suitable to the criteria of the present rules through reelport.
Together with the film you must submit the following documents:
1. A copy of the film for screening must be available on reelport
2. Short Synopsis (max 300 caracters spaces escluded)
3. Subtitle file in English for all non-English films (.str format)
4. Subtitle file in Italian for all non-Italian films (.str format)
5. Poster of the film (.jpg)
6. Foto of the Director (.jpg)
7. Stills of the film (.jpg)
8. Only for selected films: Italian subtitles are required. If you don’t have the festival can provide Italian subtitled at cost of 1,00 euro / 1 minute (minimum 10 euro for each film).
Art. 6 Deadlines for registration:
• Early bird deadline: 28 February 2017
• Regular deadline: 31 May 2017
• Extended deadline: 30 June 2017
• Early bird deadline: 10 € (11 $)
• Regular deadline: 35 € (37 $)
• Extended deadline: 50 € (53 $)
Art. 8 Upon registration of the film at the festival the author states:
• I have read, understood and fully respect all information of eligibility standards for enrollment, conditions and requirements;
• To the best of my knowledge, all the information I entered during the registration of the work are true;
• This work is not subject to any dispute, nor is threatened by any litigation;
• I am duly authorized to make this work at the festival;
• I certify that I have the full right to the use of music in the work that I entered;
• Authorize to use stills, titles, copy, and / or information of the film for promotional purposes;
• Authorize the artistic commissions and the jury charged by the Festival organization, including the popular juries, to watch the film directly on the platforms;
• Authorize to screen the film at the Festival and at any presentation of the Festival, programs, side and promotional events at any location in the world if organized or participated and authorized by the Festival organization;
• Attention: We do not pay any screening fees for screening during the festival, programs or events. If the film-makers require any payment for the screening, the film will not be accepted.
This Festival was founded in 1949
Montecatini International Short Film Festival born in 1949, a Montecatini Terme, Tuscany, Italy (promoted by Italian Cineclub Federation (Fedic) with its 67 editions is one of the most long-lived short film festival in the world. The main goal of Montecatini International Short Film Festival is to give a complete view of the international short film panorama, in its wider extension, always aiming at the quality of films and not at the glamour aspect. MISFF belongs to a network of short film festivals and cooperates with other Italian festivals. Our Festival is held in Tuscany during beautiful autumnal period. It is a perfect occasion to have a holiday in one of the most charming places in the world while meeting film-makers and watching good cinema. MISFF collaborates with international film festival in different parts of the world with the aim to promoted Italian and European cinema.