From Oct. 26, 2019 until Oct. 26, 2019
Act .1 Submitted Films
Submitted films to the Festival should meet the following requirements:
- Films should be made since January 1, 2016
- Short films, Italian or foreign which last up to 30 minutes; must have subtitles in English.
- Documentaries, Italian or foreign which last up to 60 minutes; must have subtitles in English.
- Feature Films, Italian or foreign which last more than an hour and less than 120 minutes; must have subtitles in English.
- Web Series Pilot, Italian or foreign which last which last up to 45 minutes; must have subtitles in English.
- Music Video, Italian or foreign last which last up to 6 minutes; must have subtitles in English.
Act .2 Genres
It's an OPEN genre film festival. The author is responsible for the content and any disclaimers regarding the material submitted.
Art .3 Media video
The audio-visual materials for the selection phase will have to be sent via a private link to Youtube or Vimeo, with the link description in the space provided on the subscription form, no later than September 22th, 2019.
In the case in which the work is selected for participation in the Festival, the author must send the film in the following formats, No later September 22th , 2019: PAL , H264 1080p 24fp .mov or .mp4.
Ways of sharing: WeTransfer or other file-sharing platforms at: email@example.com or by mail in Blu - ray or DCP.
(The selected participant is requested to send the film, via mail ,indicating on the package: CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE )
Act . 4 Selected Works
The audiovisual products registered and received within the terms above, will be examined by the artistic staff and Artistic Director of the Festival. They will determine, unquestionably, the admission to the final stage of the Festival. The author(s) of selected works will be contacted by the organization. The full program of screenings will be published on the website of the Festival.
Act. 5 Pre-selection
May be made a pre-selection of the works before the registration deadline, in this case the directors will be contacted by Festival Staff.
Act .6 Awards
The Festival gives awards for the following attributes:
- Best Music Video, Best Web Series Pilot;
- Short Films/ Documentaries/Feature: Best Film in each category, Best Director in each category, Best Actor(s)in short film and feature film and Cultural value in each category.
Best Feature Film: 500 Euro Prize
Best Documentary: 250 Euro Prize
Best Short Film: 250 Euro Prize
Act . 7 Using works for advertising purposes
The Organization of festival can use part of the selected work for advertising purposes via print, radio, trailer on TV or Cinema or Internet, under the judgment of the artistic staff.
Act . 8 Acceptance of Rules and Regulations
Participation in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
The Organization reserves the right to make any changes to the rules and regulations and how to deal with any controversial matters.
It’s strictly forbidden to privately contact the staff and jury members during the selection period of the festival, punishment: exclusion from the competition.
Act. 9 DCP Screening
The works will be selected to participate in the festival by the .mp4 or .mov video files format will be converted by the festival in DCP version. The directors can receive a copy paying the shipping and conversion costs..
Subscribers to the Montelupo Fiorentino International Independent Film Festival, agree as established by Decree 30 June 2003, No. 196 on the protection of privacy, the use of personal data for all initiatives related to the event.
The author of the work declares to accept the regulation in all its parts, you have the legal availability of the film and to authorize the public screening without compensation, freeing the organization of the Festival from any responsibility for the present and future.
By entering the competition each author is responsible for the content of his works. The author declares to hold all rights to the work, not in any way prejudicing the rights of third parties, such as other authors, subjects portrayed, transferees of rights, along with those of music, etc.
It also declares that the audiovisual material used is not protected by SIAE.
Pursuant to the provisions of Legislative Decree. 30/06/2003 n. 196, we inform the author that the provision of data required and necessary for the completion of the documentation of enrollment in the Festival.
This Festival was founded in 2015
Montelupo International Independent Film Festival is the brainchild of Lorenzo Ciani, an independent film director charmed by the magic of Cinema Mignon d’essai. Through the collaboration with the Art director Daniele Pertici, the project became a reality.
The festival intends to promote Independent Cinema, national and international, in a professional and welcoming location such as Montelupo Fiorentino.
MIIFF WINNER BENEFITS:
- FREE STAY at Country Hotel Borgo Sant'Ippolito ****, situated just 18 km from Florence, immersed in the Tuscan countryside;
- PRIVATE SHUTTLE for every movements;
- FREE PASS for all shows of the Film Festival at Cinema Mignon d'essai;
- UNLIMITED DRINKS in Disco or Pub where will take place the events related to the Festival.