Welcome to the reelport website.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE ("TERMS") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE OR ANY APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM IT.
This Site is owned and operated by reelport, Germany (referred to as "reelport"). "You" are the person or entity using the Site, ordering or using Applications or described in the Site registration form.
By using this Site, ordering or using Applications, or clicking on a button indicating your consent, you agree to these Terms including but not limited to conducting this transaction electronically, and to disclaimers of warranties, damage and remedy exclusions and limitations, and a choice of German law. If you do not agree to these Terms, you do not have permission to use the Site. Reelport reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time. Notification of changes to these Terms will be posted on the Site or sent via e-mail. If any future changes to these Terms are unacceptable to you, you must discontinue use of the Site.
In consideration of your use of the Site and/or Applications, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site registration. In addition, you agree to update that information in order to maintain its truth, accuracy and completeness. reelport may deny you access to the Site or reject your order in the event that your information is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete.
2. OBLIGATION FOR USING YOUR PASSWORD
ALL CONTENT OR INSTRUCTIONS TRANSMITTED BY OR RECEIVED FROM ANYONE PRESENTING YOUR PASSWORD ON THE SITE WILL BE DEEMED BINDING ON YOU. You agree to guard your password carefully, with the full awareness that a failure to keep it secure will enable others to make use of the site for which you will be legally responsible. If you suspect that someone may have obtained access to your password who is not intended to have authority to act on your behalf, please contact reelport immediately to authorize reelport to deny access to the Site to anyone else presenting your password.
3. LIMITED NON-COMMERCIAL LICENSE TO USE SITE
reelport hereby grants you the limited right to view and use the Site only for the purposes of viewing or playing content such as films or connected data. reelport reserves the right to suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Site. No portion of this Site is targeted to children, and any minor should seek consent of his or her legal guardian before using this site. Unless you have received specific written permission from reelport, you may not (a) "frame" or otherwise impose editorial comment, commercial material or any information or content on, or in proximity to, content displayed on the Site or (b) alter or modify any content on the Site. Without limiting other restrictions, you agree not to reproduce, transmit, sell, or otherwise exploit the Site and/or Applications for any commercial purpose.
4. UPLOAD CONDITIONS
The Site allows you to upload film content. You agree that the use of the Site for this purpose is subject to the following conditions:
* You agree that all user feedback, data, comments, suggestions, information, text, data, software, sounds, photographs, audio, audiovisual, video, artwork, graphics, messages and other materials of any nature ("Materials") that are transmitted to or via the Site are the sole responsibility of the person from which the Materials originated. This means you, and not reelport, are entirely responsible for the Materials you transmit through the Site.
* You shall not upload to the Site any Materials which are indecent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, harassing, contain expressions of hatred, bigotry, racism or pornography, or are otherwise objectionable, or that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or violate any law.
* Your Materials, user name and/or screen name will not disparage in any manner reelport, its Licensors, or their Applications, products, or services and sites.
* Your Materials shall not infringe the copyright, trademark, publicity/privacy right or other intellectual property right of any third party.
* You shall not upload to the Site any Materials that are directly or indirectly commercial in nature or contain any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising or solicitation for goods or Site. You specifically acknowledge that soliciting other users to join or become users or members of any commercial online web site or other organization is expressly prohibited.
* You shall not upload to the Site any Materials that contain viruses or any other computer code, corrupt files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment.
* You agree that reelport has no liability or responsibility for the storage or deletion of any Materials that you submit or post. reelport reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
* You acknowledge that reelport does not pre-screen any Materials posted by you or other users, but that reelport and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Materials. Without limitation, reelport and its designees shall have the right to remove any Materials that violate the Terms or is otherwise objectionable, as well as terminate your access to the Site.
5. COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN BY THESE TERMS, NEITHER REELPORT, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY THIRD PARTY HAS CONFERRED UPON YOU BY IMPLICATION, ESTOPPEL OR OTHERWISE, ANY LICENSE OR RIGHT UNDER ANY PATENT, TRADEMARK, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO USE THE SITE OR ANY APPLICATIONS OFFERED ON THE SITE. NO OWNERSHIP RIGHTS ARE OR WILL BE ASSIGNED TO YOU.
reelport will not tolerate copyright infringement and reserves the right to block, disable, or otherwise remove any content or materials uploaded to the Site as well as terminate access to the Site if you engage in copyright or other intellectual property infringement. The law provides for civil and criminal penalties for copyright and other intellectual property law infringements.
Displaying, performing, storing, copying, distributing, or otherwise making available or using any content from the Site or Applications is prohibited, unless specifically authorized by reelport. Accordingly no such content or Applications may be used on another web site without express written permission from reelport.
You agree to indemnify and hold reelport, its affiliates, officers, agents, partners and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising out of your content and materials, your use of the Site, your violation of these Terms or your violation of any third party's rights including such party's copyrights and trademarks.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
EXCEPT IF EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT, THE SITE AND APPLICATIONS OFFERED AT OR THROUGH THE SITE, AND APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND WITH ALL RISKS. REELPORT HEREBY DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL WARRANTIES EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE; LACK OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, CURRENCY, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE; AND (B) ANY DUTIES OF REASONABLE CARE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT OR LACK OF NEGLIGENCE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR RELATED INFORMATION. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND RELATED INFORMATION IS BORNE BY YOU.
8. NO INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT REELPORT WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO THE SITE, APPLICATIONS OR RELATED INFORMATION, OR TO ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS.
9. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant for the benefit of reelport and any third parties mentioned on the Site, in addition to other representations and obligations contained in these Terms, that: (a) you possess the legal right and ability to enter into and make the representations and warranties contained in these Terms; (b) all information submitted by you to the Site is true and accurate; (c) you will keep your registration information current; (d) you will be responsible for all use of your password even if such use was conducted without your authority or permission; (e) you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms; (f) you are the owner of the Materials and they are original to you; (g) the Materials do not infringe any third party right, such as copyright, trademark, and publicity/privacy right; (h) the Materials do not constitute defamation or libel or otherwise violate the law, and (i) you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold reelport (and its employees, representative, agents, and assigns) harmless from breaches of (a) through (h).
10. LINKS; ADVERTISERS
The Site contains links to third party sites that are not under the control of reelport and reelport is not responsible for any content on any linked site. If you access a third party site from the Site, then you do so at your own risk.
11. TERMINATION OR CANCELLATION OF SITE ACCESS; MODIFICATIONS TO SITE AND APPLICATIONS
If you violate these Terms, reelport may terminate or cancel your access rights to the Site and/or Applications immediately without notice. reelport may also block your use of the Site and/or Applications or direct you to cease using it. reelport reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Site, Applications, or any part thereof and you agree that reelport shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, Applications, or any part thereof, except you may receive a pro-rata refund in the event such modification, suspension, or discontinuance materially affects your access to those parts of the Site or Applications that you have paid for.
Reelport reserves the right to delete the file uploaded by the user (original file) from the reelport server after 3 days. The file that has been encoded from the original file and which is being provided to the festivals and (if applicable) to the catalogue (target file) may be deleted 12 months after the upload of the original file. Afterwards you have to re-upload your files.
13. EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Germany without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms, as amended, your registration forms, and the disclosures provided by reelport and the consents provided by you, constitute the entire agreement between you and reelport. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You agree that reelport may amend or modify these Terms or impose new conditions at any time by updating these Terms on the Site or upon notice from reelport to you as published through the Site or by email. Any use of the Site or order by you after such updating shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such amendments, modifications, or new conditions. If you do not want to be bound by an amendment, you will need to terminate your registration, if any, and refrain from using the Site. No other amendments will be valid unless they are in a paper writing signed by reelport and by you.
16. ASSUMPTION OF RISKS YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS THAT THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND RELATED INFORMATION ARE SUITABLE OR ACCURATE FOR YOUR NEEDS AND WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE. ANY APPLICATIONS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR LOSS OF DATA.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address. Your payment information is processed by PayPal Plus.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill the purpose of festival submissions. Festivals you submit your films to will have access to the information your provide on your entry form for each film you submit.
We use your email address, name and country to inform you about updates to the website, approaching submission deadlines and new festivals.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties (i.e festivals) that you actively submit your films to. Festivals you do not submit any films to have no access to your information. Other users of the website have no access to your information.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: